When designing and planning the outdoor areas of your property, you want to make the best use of the available space. Also, you want all the features to be aesthetically appealing and practical while creating a well-balanced look in the area. But sometimes, all these things seem impossible if there are inclined areas. Designing a landscape in these settings may seem incredibly challenging.
Hillside Design Ideas
Just because you have sloping garden spaces doesn’t mean you will be unable to do something unique with them. There are many ways in which you can create a functional, safe, and appealing inclined yard design. Here are some ideas:
- You can get the existing slopes excavated and create flat, multi-leveled spaces that you can use to develop terraced landscaping. The various levels act as boundaries, so you have a unique-looking landscape.
- Include planters at various levels and add steps leading down the slope. Each level can be designed to be a private space that brings out the best in your inclined yard design.
- Make the best use of your slopes by placing large slabs of rocks at various hill points. These slabs act like steps, and they create a gentle slope that is safer to use as well.
- If you have expansive yard spaces, there are many other hillside design ideas you can incorporate. For example, you can install stairs with retaining walls along their sides, leading into a flat area where you can add a fire pit and create a cozy relaxation zone. The moderate slopes around it automatically create a superb effect and lend a distinctive look to the garden.
- Ensure that you include trees and shrubs that grow to specific heights based on the levels you install them in. Not only will they hold the soil in place, but they will also create a superb perspective while lending a structured look in that space.
- Having sloping yard areas can be an advantage as it allows you to showcase your plantings and home distinctively. Anyone standing at ground level can see the garden, shrubs and flowers, and your house structure all in one sweep. This is a truly unique landscape design opportunity that a skilled landscaper can use to significant effect while providing inclined yard design plans and layouts.
If you contact us, our team will visit your location, survey the available space, and recommend the best, inclined yard design ideas and plans. They will make sure that the features and installations they recommend are perfect for the available space.