If you like having a lush green garden full of blooms of different colors and hues in springtime, you want to set some time aside now for preparing planter beds. It’s important to pick the right kinds of plants, so you have a range of colors and textures in your yard or garden.
Plan where you want the planter beds to be and mark those areas if you are creating new ones. If you want to grow vegetables, set aside planter spaces for them and prep the soil accordingly. You can choose from a wide variety of annuals and perennials as well.
Opt for cool-season, warm-season, and half-hardy annuals, or re-blooming and long-blooming perennials. Different plants have different lifespans. Some are hardy, while others are more delicate and require special attention and specific amounts of water. Consider which plants will work best for your space and maintenance needs.
Steps to Preparing Planter Beds
Getting your planter beds and flowerbeds ready for spring involves completing various tasks. Some things you want to include are:
- Get rid of all weeds that might be germinating in the planter beds.
- Remove large stones and pebbles from the soil.
- Aerate the ground so that the plant roots get some space to breathe.
- Get good quality topsoil.
- Prune existing perennials before they begin to bloom.
- Add gardeners and planters mix to create the best environment for various plants, vegetables, trees, and shrubs to flourish during spring.
- Use good quality organic compost that will provide your plants the right nourishment to bloom beautifully.
Opt For the Best Gardening Products
Creating a stable and healthy environment for your annuals and perennials, as well as other shrubs, is all about preparing planter beds well. It’s crucial to complete this task before spring and then plant the saplings or seeds you want.
You can grow some of the plants indoors in advance and plant them later in the planter beds. This gives them a good start, and you will have blooms in your garden much faster. Preparing garden spaces can be time-consuming, and you need to procure the right kinds of products as well.
Therefore, it’s a good idea to contact experts like us at All Around Soil and Stone! We carry a wide range of gardening products, such as soil, mulch, compost, and other supplies needed for preparing planter beds. Feel free to browse our website and contact us for any additional information you need about different types of soils, fertilizers, and mulches you can use.